“sharing gardening knowledge with our community”
Peterborough Master Gardeners would like to thank the full house of gardeners at our Bulbs for All Seasons event last weekend. We learned so much from our two expert speakers – Victoria Whitney (Griffins Greenhouse) on 2020: Insight on How To Plant for Spring Bulb Beauty and Dugald Cameron (former owner of GardenImport) on Summer flowering bulbs – exotic flower, foliage and fragrance all summer long. Master Gardener Rachel Burrows also provided a great demonstration of how to plant bulbs for spring forcing.
New resource: Inviting Bees into Your Garden — published by Garden Task Force of the North American Pollinator Protection Campaign (NAPPC) Canadian Version.
Where were we in 2019?
- Peterborough Seedy Sunday, Sunday March 10, noon – 5pm, Seeds of Change Peterborough (534 George St. N, Peterborough) at McDonnel St.
- Peterborough Garden Show, April 26-28, Fleming College Trades & Technology Centre (599 Brealey Drive).
- Ecology Park Plant Sale on Saturday May 18th from 10am-4pm, Ashburnham Street just north of Lansdowne St.
- Bulbs for All Seasons, Saturday September 28, Westdale United Church.
- Gilmour St. Garage Sale at the “Plants for Parkinson’s” setup on Gilmour Street on May 25th, 8am-noon
- Wednesday Downtown Farmer’s Market, 8:30am-2pm, May and June (Charlotte Street between George St. and Louis/Alymer St.)
- Our MG Plant Sale set for Saturday June 15, 9-11am at Westdale United Church, 1509 Sherbrooke St — (bring a blue box or bin, and get there early!)
- Peterborough Horticultural Society (4th Wednesday of the month) Peterborough Lions Centre, 347 Burnham Street, 7pm – 8:30pm. Guest fee $2.